Monday, June 27, 2011

Things I Don't Need To Know

'Brady Bunch' mom got crabs in affair with NY mayor

Politician sent Florence Henderson flowers to apologize

I once believed in freedom of speech and freedom of the press. I believed in complete accessibility to as much information as possible as long as it didn’t compromise national security or endanger the lives or reputations of innocent people. I believed that the Internet would make available an avalanche of information available to us, much of it, yes, of little consequence to any one person, but in total of potential consequence to all of us. But as I read the opening graphs of the article linked to its headline above, I began to have serious doubts about my position:

This would have made an interesting episode of "The Brady Bunch."

Florence Henderson, the actress who played perky mom Carol Brady in the beloved family sitcom, says she once got crabs after a one-night-stand with career politician John Lindsay, who was the mayor of New York City at the time.

There may well be some things no one needs to know about. This is one of them. And I don’t want to know about any others.

No comments:

Post a Comment